Thursday 8 October 2009

Initial Development

I am currently studying at the University of Hertfordshire doing 3D Digital Animation. This is my development blog for my third year final major project entitled 'Evol'. I hope to update this blog on a weekly basis showing my weeks work.

I am currently in the process on getting a concrete story idea
down and initial concepts / storyboards. I have already developed the idea from my initial story thoughts and test concepts as attached to this blog. Hopefully I will have some new concepts up soon.

Test concepts; A futuristic setting and an oriental setting


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story Treatment;

A man searching for a mythical phoenix in an attempt to unlock the secret of eternal life finds he has to sacrifice more then he intended for his immortality.

An explorer is searching the skies in his airship looking for a phoenix believed to hold the key to eternal life. However when he finds the bird it turns on the man and blazes through his ship sending him plummeting to the ground. Whilst the phoenix turns to ash the explorer tries to escape his impending doom but gets trapped in the decaying ship, holding on for his life. The ship hits the ground and the explorer crawls weakly from the wreckage. As he falls to the floor his soul seeps out and fuses with the phoenix’s ashes and a new phoenix arises from within him. The bird reaches to the skies; the man has his immortality but lost his body.

No comments:

Post a Comment